1-YO baby critical after mobile phone explodes in Odisha

Koraput: A one-year-old baby girl suffered burn injuries after a mobile phone exploded on the bed where she was sleeping at night yesterday.

The victim has been admitted to the Community Health Center (CHC) in Laxmipur for primary treatment.

According to reports, Rohit Nachika of Bilangsil village under Laxmipur Block had bought a mobile phone at cost of Rs 1,500 a year ago. As every day, he had put it on the charge on Sunday night. After the cell phone battery was fully charged, he disconnected the device from charger and kept it on the bed where his wife and 1-year-old baby girl were sleeping.

At around 1.00 am, the mobile phone suddenly exploded severely injuring the baby. The face of the infant has been burnt in the incident.

As there was no public transport available at midnight, Rohit rushed his baby to the Laxmipur CHC on a motorcycle in the morning today.

The doctor attending to the victim said that she will be shifted to the Koraput district headquarters hospital for further treatment.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link