17-year-old Odisha boy dies as mobile phone explodes while charging

Nabarangpur:  In an unfortunate incident, a 17-year-old boy died after his mobile phone exploded while charging at Cherachetiaguda village under Dabugaon police limits in Nabarangpur district today.

The deceased has been identified as Sanadhar, son of Jayaram Bhatara of Pujariguda village in the district.

Sources said Sanadhar had been staying at her sister’s house at Cherachetiaguda.  At around 7.30 AM, when Sanadhar was charging the battery of his mobile phone with an electric wire after removing it  from the phone, the battery exploded all of a sudden. Due to the blast, Sanadhar suffered grievous injuries in his left hand palm.  Later, he again came in contact with a live electric wire, following which he died on the spot.

Family members of the deceased learnt about his death around half-an-hour after the mishap. Acting on a complaint, Dabugaon police reached the spot and sent the body for post-mortem. Registering a case, the cops began an investigation into the incident.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link