Deogarh: In a tragic incident, a two-year-old girl died as she fell into an utensil containing hot rice in Municipality Sahi area of Odisha’s Deogarh town.
The deceased was identified as Rudrani Rao, daughter of Manas Rao of the locality.
According to reports, grandmother of the child had kept the utensil on floor, last night. The girl accidentally fell into it sustaining critical burn injuries.
She was rescued by family members and rushed to the Deogarh District Headquarters Hospital. The girl was later shifted to VIMSAR in Burla as her condition deteriorated.
The child breathed her last this morning as she succumbed to burn injuries while undergoing treatment at the hospital.
Police recovered the body for post-mortem and later handed it over to her family members.
A pall of gloom descended on the locality after the death of the girl.