Rayagada: After detection of highest 164 fresh COVID-19 cases in Rayagada district in a single-day and to contain further spread of the deadly virus, Collector Pramod Kumar Behera announced 3-day shutdown in the entire district from tomorrow (August 2).
The shutdown will remain in force till August 4.
The Collector also announced weekend shutdown in the entire jurisdiction of Rayagada Revenue district till August 16. He also announced closure of the district headquarters hospital (DHH) for 48 hours.
The following activities will be allowed during the shutdown:
- All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, pathological labs
- Pharmaceutical stores, distributors, optical stores
- Movement of ambulance and medical personnel
- District, ULB administartion, police, fire services
- Central and state Govt officials on emergency duty
- Telecom services
- Petrol pumps, LPG distribution, milk booths, DTH/cable TV services
- Print/electronic media identified by district police
- Watre supply and distribution
- Movement of goods and goods carriers, whether loaded and unloaded
- Industrial establishments, factoriesand construction activities
- Agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, animal husbandry, veterinary service and allied activities, including procurement of Mandis
- Service sector industries, including IT/ITes, hotels and hospitality units, operation of hotels and hospitality units, including t heir associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel
- Movement of rail
- Transport on highways, movement of transiting vehicles
- Movement of public transport, private vehicles and taxis to and from railway station and bus terminals/ stoppages for facilitating movement of passengers by road and rail.
- Marriages and funerals with permission of local authority, with maximum 50 and 20 people, respectively
- ATMs and Clearing Houses
- Operation of railway stations, bus terminals and their associated offices, movement of associated personnel and activities
- Home delivery of food, groceries, vegitables and essential items by restaurants
- Dhabas along NHs, SHs and major roads for takeaway only
- Food and grocery stores such as Reliance Fresh for home delivery only
- Newspaper hawkers between 5 am and 8 am
- Liquor shops online delivery only from 7 am ti 2 pm
“Any violation of the lockdown measures and National Directives for COVID-l9 Management will liable for prosecution,” warned the Collector.
Worth mentioning, the district has so far reported 897 positive cases. While 450 patients have recovered from the disease, seven succumbed to the virus.