7 of family critical after consuming poisonous mushroom in Odisha’s Nabarangpur

Hospital sources said they are currently undergoing treatment. 

Umerkote: As many as seven members of a tribal family became critically ill after they reportedly consumed poisonous mushrooms in Purla village of Umerkote in Nabarangpur district of Odisha here today. The victims, including two children (aged seven and four years) and as many women, were immediately rushed to Umerkote community health centre (CHC) and are currently undergoing treatment. They were identified as Tularam Bhatra, Kamla Bhatra, Kanak Bhatra, Hira Bhatra, Trinath Bhatra, Sahdev Bhatra and Bijaya Bhatra.

Sources said the family had dried up “Sravann Chhatu” (mushroom which grows in the rainy season) and used those to make a curry. As soon as the members consumed it, they complained of dizziness and nausea and started vomitting. Seeing their condition deteriorate, neighbours rushed them to Umerkote CHC.

Hospital sources said they are currently undergoing treatment.

Also Read

Comments are closed.