Baby girl falls ill after drinking kerosene in Odish’a Dhenkanal district

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Dhenkanal, Aug 4:

A two-and-a-half-year-old girl was admitted to hospital on Wednesday as she mistakenly consumed kerosene at an Anganwadi Centre in Odisha’s Dhenkanal district.

Pic Courtesy:
Pic Courtesy:

According to reports, Rupali Rout had consumed kerosene stored in a soft drinks bottle at Jiral Anganwadi Centre under Kamakshyanagar block yesterday morning.

Later, she was dropped at home by the Anganwadi teacher without informing her parents about the incident.

In the evening, the family members rushed the baby to Kamakshyanagar Sub Divisional Hospital as her condition worsened and later she was shifted to District Headquarters Hospital as her condition deteriorated.

“As usual, my daughter had gone to the Anganwadi Centre yesterday at 10 am. She had drunk kerosene filled in a bottle mistaking it as soft drink. The teacher had left her at home after she felt uneasy without informing us about the incident. Later, in the evening we took her to Kamakshyanagar hospital following the kerosene smell out of her mouth,” said Shasibhusan Rout, father of the victim.



Also Read

Comments are closed.