Bhubaneswar: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) today came up with nine-point manifesto for Odisha polls 2019 promising inclusive development in all the sectors.
Releasing the party’s manifesto ‘Sankalp Patra’ for the State Bhubaneswar, BJP National President Amit Shah promised to make Odisha a ‘Model State’ in next five years if the party is voted to power in Odisha.
Here’re the key highlights of BJP’s 9-point manifesto for Odisha
1. Upliftment of poor; neo-middle class group will build new Odisha
– Endeavour to transform the lives of the poor of Odisha and enable them to become part of the neo – middle class (Nabamadhyabit).
– A separate budget to provide focused funds for the development of all backward regions of the state.
– Keeping with the commitment of our Pratisruti Patra by 2022 every household shall live in a pucca house with toilet, drinking water, and electricity, and with proper title (patta)
– Implement the reservation provided to Socially and Economically Backward Classes in government jobs and educational institutions in letter and spirit.
2. Industrial Revolution in Odisha; Quality Education, skill development and employment for youth
– Focus will be on supply and transport sector connecting the State with world to make Odisha a hub for all types of trade and business in South-East Asia.
– Employement guarrentee to one from each household
– All the posts lying vacant in the State will be filled within 2 years
– Efforts to enlist Odisha in top 5 in ease of doing business.
– A world class knowledge city in Bhubaneswar
– Knowledge-based economic development will be ensured
-Quality and free education in State-run educational institutions from KG to PG
– B.ED College in every district in Odisha
– Rs 3500 crore-Skill Odisha Fund and Rs 2000 crore-Odisha Tourism Skill Fund for skill development of 25 lakh youth in Odisha
-Dharmapada Start-up Fund worths Rs 1,000 crore to provide financial assistance to youth for business.
3. Women’s safety and security
– Promise to enact a legislation making a provision to award the capital punishment to those involved in rape of girls aged 15 years or younger.
– One-time loan waiver for all outstanding loans taken by women SHGs and to create a revolving fund of Rs. 2000 Crore to provide interest free loans and seed money to both old and new SHGs.
– Smartphones to all members of Women’s SHGs with 2GB monthly data.
– To increase the remuneration of the Anganwadi workers to Rs 15000 and for helpers to Rs 9000 and a retirement benefit of Rs 1 lakh.
– Shail Bala Two-wheeler Yojana to provide a two-wheeler free of cost to all meritorious girl students upon completion of Plus-two education.
– Subhadra Samriddhi Yojana wherein every girl child on enrollment in 10th class, 12th class and graduate education will receive Rs 10,000, Rs 15,000 and Rs 10,000 respectively, and on completion of graduate education will receive Rs 15,000 in her bank account opened at the time of her birth.
4. Empowering farmers; Agriculture and irrigation
– Free farmers and sharecroppers from the clutches of moneylenders and from their debt burden by providing interest free crop loans to all sharecroppers, small and marginal farmers of Odisha.
– BJP will ensure 100% implementation of the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN).
– Promise to provide 1.5 times the input cost as the MSP for all eligible crops.
– Facilitate the clearance of dues owed to the sugarcane farmers by the sugar mills in the first 150 days of forming the government and revive the sugar mills across the state.
– Mobile Dhaan Procurement Vans to facilitate the collection and procurement of Paddy at the doorstep of every farmer
– Promise to extend the pension benefits under Pradhan Mantri Shramyogi Mandhan Yojana to include all agricultural labourers, sharecroppers, and small and marginal farmers, thereby enabling them to receive a pension of Rs. 3000 per month upon crossing the age of 60 years.
– Chasi Samman Card to ensure that the various benefits that are due to them are made available to them effectively.
– Promise to expand the irrigation network in the state through a dedicated fund of Rs. 1,00,000 crores over the next five years.
– Subsidy of 95% on solar pumpsets with capacity of 3 HP and 5 HP to all farmers
– Mission INDRA (Integrated Drought Proofing and Rainfed Agriculture) to promote comprehensive rain water harvesting and ground water management, including the construction of 5000 check dams across the state.
– Grain Storage Warehouses and Cold Chain facilities in every cluster of Gram Panchayats
– Promise to provide marine fishermen with 300 litres diesel and kerosene at 50% subsidy every year.
– promise to set up a Rs 150 Crore fund for “Odisha Silk Mission” to double the production of high quality silk in the State, especially of the Tasar variety, and to facilitate the modernisation of the silk industry.
5. Holistic Upliftment of Tribals of Odisha
– The BJP will ensure that all patta claims of tribal settlers are settled within the next 5
– Will ensure that PESA rules are notified and implemented within 3 months of
our coming to power.
– Will ensure that Forest Rights Act is strictly implemented, and the development of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribe communities is taken up on priority basis.
-Promise to provide 3 kg daal and 1 kg of salt free of cost to all BPL Tribal and Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group households to counter the problems with malnourishment and anaemia.
– Will ensure procurement of all minor forest products at Minimum Support Price (MSP) and ensure payment of this MSP within a week of procurement of the produce.
– Promise to reimburse the GST collected on Kendu leaves.
– 13 Laxman Nayak Residential Training academies in every scheduled district for Adivasi youth to provide free coaching for all competitive exams.
6. Rural & Urban Development and Infrastructure
– Gopabandhu Rural Advancement Mission (GRAM) with a budgetary allocation of Rs 1 lakh Crore over 5 years.
– Subhash Chandra Bose Advancement and Rejuvenation of Nagaras (SUBARNA) Yojana with a budgetary allocation of Rs 35,000 Crore over 5 years
-Rs 1500 crore Odisha Smart Cities Mission fund to further develop 15 towns and cities on the lines of Smart Cities
-Will expedite the process of constructing the 415 kms-long Digha-Gopalpur Coastal Highway project.
-Feasibility studies to initiate a Capital Area Metro Rail Project to connect and integrate the twin cities of Cuttack and Bhubaneswar.
– Mahanadi riverfront in Cuttack will be transformed by building a world class infrastructure and recreational facilities.
– Will ncrease the fleet of current transport buses from 344 to 1000 across Odisha.
– Will ensure that all 30 districts of the state are connected by rail. 9. The party promised 15 ports on the coastal belt of Odisha.
– Domestic electricity consumption by EWS households of upto 50 units will be charged at a reduced rate of Re. 1/unit.
– 24×7 metered tap water supply of potable, uncontaminated drinking water to all households.
– Iodised salt packets priced at Re. 1 will be made available through PDS along with the Re 1 rice scheme.
– Old age pension to Rs 1000 for the age group above 60 years and to Rs 1500 per month for those above the age of 79 years.
– Disaster Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Monitoring Task Force to ensure smooth transition to normality for all those who are affected by natural and man made disasters
– Existing capacity of solar power production will be trippled upto 4GW in the next 5 years.
– Odisha Renewable Energy Development Fund of Rs 500 crore to accelerate the development of renewable sources of energy in the state
– 50% subsidy on purchase of CNG and electric public vehicles, and to invest in creating the necessary infrastructure to support these vehicles across the state.
– 40 % subsidy for installing Rooftop Solar Power units for both domestic and institutional purposes and buy back the excess power generated through these units to help augment their income
7. Odisha Pride – Tourism, Art and Culture
– Statue of Buxi Jagbandhu at Khurda and a world class museum and memorial in remembrance of the Paika Bidroha, the First War of Independence in India.
– Will establish a Rs 2000 crore Odisha Tourism Skill Fund to train and upskill 5 lakh local youth from tourists hubs to empower them to chart their own future.
– Promise to further expand the tourism potential of the state by investing in 15 new tourism circuits
– Increase of the Tourism Department budget to Rs 1000 Crore to effectively market and popularise the travel and tourism avenues in Odisha across India and the world.
-Promise to develop Puri as the Spiritual Capital of India.
– Pujari Bandhu Yojana to provide a monthly financial assistance of Rs 1000 to all priests across all denominations, including tribal priests, in the state
– Kelucharan Mahapatra Performing Art Centres in each
district with a focus on popularising Odissi dance and music, and Odiya art & craft.
– Cinema halls through the PPP mode in every block of the state.
8. A Well Governed Odisha
– In line with the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Jan Jan Ki Sunvayi’, the party will initiate
a Chief Minister monitored online grievance redressal system wherein the Chief Minister shall spend two hours every Wednesday going through complaints registered.
– A policy of Zero Tolerance to corruption at all levels and ensure the same to eradicate PC culture.
– Revisiting the existing liquor licensing policies to combat the menace of rampant alcoholism
– Interviews to fill Grade-III and Grade- IV government jobs will be abolished.
– The common man to avail benefits of central and state government schemes at their doorstep through a network of Seva Setus.
– Transparent investigation into Ratna bhandar and Nabakalebara matters will be conducted.
– Special Task Force to monitor the funds allocated to the districts under the DMF to ensure that corruption and malpractices are checked.
– The police force will be empowered to take stringent action against goonda and anti-social elements so as to enable the re-establishment of law and order in the state.
– Strict measures to curb the menace of illegal mining in the state and crack down on the mining mafia
– Special Investigation Team to probe into the Chit Fund Scam and to bring the guilty to book.
– Promise to return the money of the victims of Chit Fund Scam as recognised by Justice M.M Das Commission on a priority basis.
– Development, forest rights, and maintenance of law and order in tribal areas is given priority to curb the exploitation of tribals and naxalism
9. Robust Health System in Odisha
– 100% implementation of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (Ayushman Bharat) Scheme in the state.
– Malnutrition amongst children and women of Odisha will be reduced through the launch of the Odisha Nutrition Mission
– Medical College in every district.
– Integrated emergency response hotline – 112 with a fleet of 2000 ambulances to reach pregnant women and patients in critical condition within 30 minutes, and to take back the deceased. Upon failure of meeting the 30 minutes timeline the patient will be reimbursed with a sum of Rs 2500.
– 5 Super Speciality Medi – Cities across the state to provide world class affordable healthcare to the common man.
– AYUSH clinics in every District Hospital and CHC to help promote traditional medicine and holistic treatment of patients
– Mini Jan Aushadhi Kendras attached to every PHC and Jan Aushadhi Kendras at the CHC level.