Businessman electrocuted to death in Odisha’s Nayagarh

Nayagarh: A young businessman was reportedly electrocuted to death in Mahipur area of Odisha’s Nayagarh district today. The deceased has been identified as Padmalochan Sahu (25) of Khosakata village.

According to reports, Sahu had yesterday opened a plywood shop near Ramchandi Temple in the area. While opening the shutter of the shop this morning, he accidentally came in contact with a live electrical wire and died on the spot.

Tension ran high as locals blocked road at Mahipur market demanding compensation for the family of Sahu alleging that the mishap took place due to faulty electricity connection.

Police have recovered the body and sent it to the District Headquarters Hospital for post-mortem.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link