Bhubaneswar: In view of the rapid surge in COVID-19 cases in Odisha, the state government has decided to augment COVID care facilities in three districts– Khordha, Cuttack and Koraput.
Additional Chief Secretary P K Mohapatra has written to the collectors of these districts informing about the approval of new COVID Hospitals and additional facilities.
Here are details of the approved COVID care facilities:
* Establishment of COVID-l9 facility in SCB MCH, Cuttack: The COVID-19 facility shall be set up in the existing New Medicine Block of Department of Medicine Building of SCB MCH, Cuttack having 200 beds (186 general beds and 14 MICU beds). As many as 25 new ICUs shall be constructed in addition to the existing 14 lCUs. In total, 39 ICUs shall be made available.
* Establishment of COVID-19 facility (Dedicated COVID-19 Hospital) for obstetric patients at SCB MCH: The Post Partum Building and the 1st floor of the O & G Building of SCB Medical College & Hospital shall be converted to Covid-19 ward for obstetric patients with facility of Labor Room and Operation Theatre with the availability of 30 General Beds, 10 labor tables, and 2 OT tables.
* Establishment of Covid-19 facility (Dedicated Covid-19 Hospital) at SLN MCH, Koraput: A portion of the Surgery Ward consisting of 65 General Beds with 5 ICU beds shall be converted to a 70 bedded Dedicated Covid-19 Hospital.
* Establishment of Covid-19 facility (Dedicated Covid-19 Hospital) at Capital Hospital, Bhubaneswar: Three to five ICU beds may be functionalized in the cabins for admitting COVID-19 positive patients. The PWD Department shall make necessary renovations for such segregation by partitioning so that the infection does not spread from Covid-19 ICU to the non-COVID-19 lCU.
* Establishment of additional 25 ICUs at Aditya Ashwini Hospital, Bhubaneswar: The Aditya Ashwini Hospital has already been approved for 30 ICUs and 21 HDUs. The hospital shall convert the 21 HDUs to lCUs and shall make 4 additional new lCUs so as to make a total of 55 ICUs.
* Establishment of Dedicated Covid-19 Hospital at KIDS, Dumduma, Bhubaneswar: Facilities approved are General Beds-66, Maternity Beds-4, NICU-6, ICU-34 (Ventilator 10), Operation Theatre-1, Labor Room-1.
* Establishment of Dedicated Covid-19 Hospital at SUN Hospital, Tulasipur, Cuttack: Facilities approved are General Beds-105, ICU-30 (can be extended to 50 ICUs), HDU-20 (to be made available subsequently).
* Dedicated Covid-19 Hospital at Srusti Hospital, Ring Road, Kathagola Sahi, Cuttack: Facilities approved are General Beds-60, ICU-15 (can be extended to 50 ICUs) and Dialysis-2.
The expenditures for the above facilities shall be met from the Chief Minister’s Relief Fund (CMRF).