Bhubaneswar: What’s the first name that pops in your mind when you hear the word ‘cartoon’? Is it ‘Tom & Jerry’, ‘Duck Tales’ or ‘Mr Bean’?
If that’s the case, you sure would be 90s’ kids with long lists of your favourite cartoon shows. After all, that was the era of the best animated series for kids.
Now that things are getting intense with every passing day due to rapid surge in COVID-19 cases, re-visiting the good-old childhood days might help you chill out a bit. To do that, what could possibly be a better way than binging on your favourite cartoon shows from your childhood!
Let’s start with The Tom &Jerry show. It’s evergreen. Another most loved comic cartoon series was Mr.Bean. These apart, here is a list of 12 cartoon shows that were the 90S’ kids’ favourites:
- Looney Tunes: the adventurous tales of your favourite loony toons-bugs bunny, daffy duck, tweety, sylvester and others.
- Recess: the story of six friends T.J, Ashley, Vince, Gus, Gretchen and Mikey, all fourth-graders who stand up against the bullying of King Bob on the playground.
- Powerpuff Girls: the story of three sisters- Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup who protect the world from a mad scientist Mojo Jojo with their special powers.
- Dexter’s Laboratory: the story of a child scientist Dexter and his unusual inventions in his secret laboratory to save the world.
- The Scooby Doo Show: a show where scooby doo-the dog, goes out on mystery solving mission with his friends shaggy, fed, velma and daphne.
- The Flintstones: the show featuring the Flinchstone family and their neighbours, the Rubbles from Stone Age and their reinterpretation of Stone Age technology.
- Popeye The Sailor Man: A muscular sailor named Popeye who required just a can of spinach to fight bullies.
- Pokemon: Ash Ketchum heads on a journey to fulfil his dream of becoming a Pokemon master. He is accompanied by his friends Misty and Brock. Ash’s journey, his friendship with Pikachu, inspite of all the hurdles the Team Rocket trio-Jessie, James and Meowth throw their way was something no kid from the 90s wanted to miss out on.
- Pingu: the story of a cute and clumsy penguin named Pingu who lived on polar ice cap and went on adventures with his sister Pinga and friend Robby, a seal.
- Jumanji: The Animated Series: of course, you remember how two siblings Judy and Peter, got sucked into a mysterious board game named Jumanji. While the game taught them life lessons, they also found a new friend Alan Parrish. Together, they solved the puzzles thrown on them and managed their ways out of the game into the human world.
- Fantastic Four: the story of four friends with super powers who fight villains time and again to save the world.
- The Silver Surfer: the story of a humanoid alien who travelled the universe on a something that resembled a surfboard and fought cosmic villains to protect planets like Earth.