Child dies after being locked in showcase by sister

Thimphu, June 19 :

A four-year-old boy in Bhutan’s Paro district suffocated to death after his younger sister locked him accidentally inside a showcase while they were playing, police said.

The incident occurred earlier this week, the country’s official newspaper Kuensel reported Thursday.

According to police, the children’s mother was sleeping when the incident took place. Her husband had gone to town to withdraw money from an ATM.

The boy was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead due to suffocation.

Police have ruled out foul play.


Also Read

Comments are closed.