Malkangiri: In view of COVID-19 resurgence in Odisha, Malkangiri district administration today issued a series of fresh guidelines to prevent spread of the deadly virus.
District Collector Yeddula Vijay warned that strict action will be taken against people found violating the the guidelines under the Disaster Management Act, 2005 and Epidemics Act, 1897.
Here’re the guidelines:
- All people, including shop owners are strictly advised to wear mask.
- Shopkeepers and traders must put up a barricade to ensure that customers maintain social distancing. They should mandatorily keep hand wash and sanitizer at their respective shops.
- If any customer is found without mask, shopkeepers will be held responsible for this and fined for the same.
- The administration will seal hotels, restaurants or eateries, if found overcrowded.
- People found violating the mask-wearing norm will be fined between Rs 500 to Rs 1000.
- People are advised to maintain social distancing and wear masks at place of worships.
- All kind of cultural gatherings, including Mela have been completely banned in the district.
The Collector urged the public to extend cooperation to the administration in the fight against COVID resurgence.