CT & GST Additional Commissioner under Odisha Vigilance lens: Assets worth crores, 6 luxury vehicles unearthed
Bhubaneswar: The Vigilance today unearthed unaccounted properties worth crores from possession of Additional Commissioner of Commercial Tax & GST, Cuttack, Piyush Kanta Pani.
During searches at multiple locations in Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Jajpur area, the anti-corruption sleuths uncovered 11 plots, one triple-storey building, one one-storey building and one farm house in Bhubaneswar, three triple-storey buildings and one storey-building in Jajpur, bank deposits and 6 luxury vehicles registered in the name of the corrupt official and his family.
Following assets have been unearthed during raids at residences and office of Piyush Pani and his family members:
1) 11 plots in prime area of Bhubaneswar worth approx Rs.3.70 Crore as per Registered Sale Deeds.
2) 1 triple storeyed residential building located at Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar.
3) 3 numbers of triple storeyed buildings and 1 single storeyed building located at Chorda Chowk, Jajpur Road, Jajpur.
4) Farm house with outhouse at Andharua, Bhubaneswar.
5) Garage and single storeyed building at Chakeisihani, Bhubaneswar. The measurement and valuation/assessment of the buildings is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
6) Bank & Insurance deposits worth Rs.53.63 Lakhs.
7) 6 costly four wheelers.
Details as under:
i) Skoda Octavia bearing Regd. No. OR02-AG-8888 worth Rs.11,29,970/-.
ii) Volkswagen Taigun bearing Regd. No. OD02-CA-8926 worth Rs.15,00,000/-.
iii) Volkswagen Polo bearing Regd. No. OR02-BK-6000 worth Rs.8,50,000/-.
iv) Skoda Fabia bearing Regd. No. OR05-AC-9797 worth Rs.9,00,000/-.
v) Skoda Superb bearing Regd. No. OD02-V-6357 worth Rs.10,50,000/-
vi) Skoda Ameo bearing Regd. No. OD02-BH-7002 worth Rs.7,25,410/-.
8) Gold jewellery 387 gms.
Till the last report was filed, the Vigilance officials were examining regarding the sources of Pani for acquisition of assets.