Bhubaneswar: Dhenkanal MP Mahesh Sahoo today met Railways Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw and submitted a letter seeking enhancement of train services in Odisha.
Sahoo urged Vaishnaw for introduction of new trains, increase of frequency and extension of trains.
He demanded introduction of an intercity train between Angul and Howrah and passenger train between Angul/ Talcher and Paradeep via Cuttack.
The MP also demanded increase of frequency of the following trains.
* Train No. 20861/20862 Puri-Ahmedabad SF Express from weekly to three days in a week.
Sahoo sought extension of the following trains originating from Bhubaneswar to Angul.
* Train No. 12829/12830 Bhubaneswar-MGR Chennai Central SF Express.
* Train No. 12897/12898 Bhubaneswar-Puducherry SF Express.
* Train No. 20895/20896 Bhubaneswar-Rameswaram SF Express.
* Train No. 12845/12846 Bhubaneswar-SMVT Bengaluru SF Express.
* Train No. 17015/17016 Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad Visakha Express.
He also urged the Railways Minister for establishment of a Passenger Train Terminal at Angul.