Bhubaneswar: When people have been celebrating Chhoti Diwali with gusto today and preparing to celebrate Diwali, the festival of lights tomorrow, the celebrations will be incomplete without gifting sweets to friends and relatives.
Sweets have always been part of the Indian festivities, but Diwali is a special occasion during which people express their love and care to the near and dear ones.
Apart from bursting firecrackers along with family members, these yummy delicacies will definitely add flavor and sweetness to the celebrations.
1) Kaju Katli: This traditional Indian fudge candy is smooth and thin. When you put the sweet in mouth, it melts instantly. In North India, a box of kaju katli is a perfect gift during Diwali. This sweet is also popularly known as Kaju Barfi.
2) Besan Ladoo: This popular Indian sweets are round besan balls made by roasting gram flour and ghee together, and then adding sugar to make a thick pasty dough. Delicious and melt-in-mouth balls are then prepared.
3) Gulab Jamun: In Hindi, ‘Gulab jamun’ means rose berries. This Indian sweet is made of khoya, milk powder, bread or sweet potatoes. It is a must to make parties, weddings and dinner meal special. Undoubtedly these soft sugar syrup soaked balls are a treat for someone.
4) Mysore Pak: This super delicious and popular sweet from Mysore is prepared with besan, ghee and sugar. Sweet lovers are of the view that Mysore Pak was invented in the kitchens of the Mysore Palace and ‘Pak’ refers to sugar syrup. The besan is cooked in sugar syrup along with ghee.
5) Suji Ka Halwa: The classic North Indian sweet is made with fine sooji or farina, sugar, ghee, nuts and flavored with cardamom powder. This easy melt-in-the-mouth halwa recipe comes together in about 15 minutes. This recipe is prepared during family parties, special occasions and festivals. In Maharashtra, this melt-in-mouth sweet is called as Sheera.
6) Kalakand: This milk cake sweet is creamy and quite addictive. The taste and texture of this milk cake is sweet, creamy, moist and granular. Milk and cottage cheese are used to give it the perfect creaminess.
So what are you waiting for. Add these sweets in the giftbox and make the celebrations cheerful.