Bhubaneswar: All technical educational institutions in Odisha, which were closed due to the COVID-19 situation, will reopen from August 9, Skill Development and Technical Education Department said.
The educational institutions–Technical Universities, Diploma, ITI, Degree and Polytechnic colleges– will reopen for physical classroom teaching for final year students in the first phase with adherence to COVID-19 protocols. All hostels of the educational institutions will also reopen, it said.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for Conduct of Physical Classroom Teaching:
*Physical classes shall be held in regular manner to cover all chapters of the syllabus irrespective of coverage of some chapters by online mode.
* Whenever possible, the physical classroom teaching shall be recorded and shared with absentee students.
* Teachers/Staff/Students residing in active containment zone shall not come to Universities/ Colleges.
* Face Mask/ Face Cover shall be mandatory.
* Frequent Hand Wash/ Hand sanitization shall be ensured.
* Social Distancing (6 ft. distance) shall be adopted in classrooms, libraries, laboratories, etc. If needed, crowded classes can be divided into batches and teaching hours in a day can be extended.
* Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
* Respiratory etiquettes shall be strictly followed. (i.e. Covering one’s mouth and nose by handkerchief while coughing/sneezing).
* Self-monitoring of health should be encouraged.
* Reporting of illness by students and staff should be mandatory. Isolation room in all hostels should be kept ready for immediate shifting of any inmate reporting illness.
* In addition to commencement of physical classroom teaching for UG/ PG/ Diploma/ ITl courses, research activities shall also commence in physical mode from the same date.