Bhubaneswar: Is your flawless skin slowly losing its charm? Have symptoms of aging begun to deprive you of your sleep?
If you are pondering about a magical solution that doesn’t include taking chances with several cosmetics and medications that are already available in the nearby store, we might have answers to your prayers.
Everyone wishes to look young and stay young. But, with increasing pollution and hectic lifestyle, aging has turned out to be a major concern for many. Although there are a number of cosmetics and medications for short-term solutions, most of them begin to show side-effects eventually. So, instead of trying out hundreds of cosmetics, why not review your regular diet plan!
Here are 9 foods that will help you fight aging and lock the younger-looking skin:
- Carrot: the beta-carotenoid content in carrot converts into vitamin A and protects the consumer from various age-related issues like vision impairment and muscle degeneration. It is also known to fight cancer if consumed regularly. Although the root-vegetable comes in several verities, the orange ones are most-recommended by health experts.
- Citrus fruits: from immunity building to digestive detox and skin health, citrus fruits stand out as the panacea. Apart from vitamin C and antioxidants that contribute to healthy skin, these vibrant fruits contain many other macronutrients like potassium, folate, calcium, thiamin, dietary fiber, riboflavin etc. These protect the consumer from chronic diseases like cancer, obesity and cardiovascular ailments.
- Cruciferous vegetables: cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, kale and all other cruciferous greens are rich in nutrients such as folate, vitamins, carotinoids and minerals. These regulate stress and inflammation, delay cognitive decline and boost brain health. That apart, they also check an excess weight gain and blood sugar levels.
- Salmon: the abundance of protein and omega-3 fatty acids in these fishes enhances eyesight, nurtures brain health and slows down aging. It also contains selenium, a mineral that looks after thyroid gland which regulates the body’s overall metabolism.
- Soybeans: these contain a special type of phytoestrogen called isoflavones that protect against inflammation, cancer and other microbial infections. Studies have also found that regular consumption of soy can cut down the risks of breast cancer in people.
- Papaya: This is another miracle food for young and flawless skin. The antioxidants, vitamins and minerals in papaya reduce wrinkles and fine lines and polish up the elasticity of the skin. It is also good for the digestive system of a person.
- Nuts: these are rich in vitamin E and are known to protect the skin against sun damage, repair its tissues and restore its glow.
- Sweet Potato: this vegetable is rich in vitamins A, C and E. Adding sweet potatoes in a regular diet will revitalize the skin and make it soft, supple and radiant.
- Red bell pepper: these are high in vitamin C and thus trigger collagen production in the body. Also, the anti-oxidant properties of carotenoids prevent skin damage due to pollution, UV rays and other environmental toxins.