Fire in Odisha secretariat destroys files, furniture

Odisha Sun Times Bureau

Bhubaneswar, June 16:

A fire that broke out this morning in the Panchayati Raj department in the Odisha secretariat destroyed files, computers and furniture.

secretariat fire

Fire brigade was called in after smoke was seen coming out of the room belonging to the private secretary to Panchayati Raj secretary Deoranjan Singh in the morning. Fire brigade personnel soon brought the fire under control. But by then, several files and office urniture had already been burnt.

“Only one room, that of the private secretary, has been affected by the fire. Initial reports suggest the fire is the result of a short circuit,” departmental secretary Singh said.

The Panchayati Raj department is housed in an old building with loose wires hanging all over the place.

On hearing about the fire mishap, Panchayati  Raj minister Arun Sahoo rushed to the spot to see things for himself. “I have asked the secretary to conduct an inquiry into how the fire occurred and file a report soon,” he said.

Also Read
1 Comment

    This is a conspiracy to destroy all documents related to Chit Fund Scam to save corrupt politicians and bureaucrats who are involved in Chit Fund Scam in Odisha, as we all know that Panchayat Raj Department is directly involved in Microfinance Scam. I do not think this type of tricks will help any body to escape from the grip of CBI.


Comments are closed.