Berhampur: While Ganjam has been witnessing a constant decreasing trend in COVID-19 cases, the district administration has formulated new strategies to contain the further outbreak of the virus.
As per official sources, it has been decided to conduct screening and testing at transit points and major market places as a preventive measure to combat possibility of second wave of Covid-19 infection in Ganjam district.
The following action points will be adopted while the same have been communicated to the Berhampur Municipal Commissioner, all BDOs of Ganjam, and all executive officers of NACs by the district Collector.
1. Target test per Block per day: 200 nos. of Antigen test and 25 nos. of RT-PCR test.
2. Target Testing Points: Bus stops/stands, Railway stations, hats, market places, major business centres, vegetable markets, grocery shops, medicine shops, vendors and shopkeepers in the market places.
3. Target Persons: Those having any Covid-19 symptoms like cough, fever, breathing difficulties, headache, diarrhoea etc.
4. Vendors and shopkeepers in the market places of NACs to be tested as a part of the testing campaign.
5. The existing Mobile Testing team at Block level are to be assigned to conduct testing.
6. Additional manpower to be engaged by Superintendent of respective CHCs along with the testing team for health screening at the transit points.
7. Sub-Collectors to monitor the daily swab collection progres (25 RT-PCR + 200 Antigen) in close coordination with BDOs & EOs.