Kid swallows pingpong ball while playing with his friends, dies

Sundargarh: A kid died after he swallowed a pingpong ball while playing with friends yesterday evening in front of his house in Masnikani village under Bhasma police limits of Sundargarh district.

The deceased boy was identified as Sloka, son of Duleswar Raksa and Ranju of the village.

“All of a sudden, Sloka swallowed a small pingpong ball, that got stuck in his throat. Following which, the boy became unconscious due to asphyxiation. Family members of the kid rushed him to a government-run health facility in Sundargarh,” a neighbour of Duleswar stated.

Doctors at the hospital successfully removed the pingpong ball from Sloka’s throat. However, the child had already breathed his last by that time, the villager expressed.

A pall of gloom descended Masnikani village after news of the child’s untimely demise spread.

Also Read

Comments are closed.