Mamita Meher had two objectionable videos of Govind Sahu: Report

Bhubaneswar: Sunshine English Medium School teacher Mamita Sahu, whose body was recovered yesterday, had two objectionable videos of prime accused Govind Sahu. The woman had shown the clips to Sahu, for which he decided to eliminate her to evade further trouble for him, a report said.

Family members of the deceased had earlier alleged that Sahu was involved in sexually harassing the female employees of the school. Mamita had warned Sahu of exposing him and bringing his illicit affairs to fore, they said.

Sahu has confessed during questioning by police that he killed the woman and buried her body. Sahu and Mamita went to Bhawanipatna in his car on October 8. While returning, Sahu murdered Mamita inside the vehicle. A day before (October 7), Sahu had directed an excavator operator to dig a pit at the stadium construction site of the Sunshine English Medium School at Mahaling in Kalahandi district. After the death of Mamita, the body was set on fire with the use of petrol and it was buried in the pit. Salt was also put on the body for quick decomposition, the report said.

The excavator operator was on October 9 asked by Sahu to cover the pit with soil. Multiple persons were involved in the killing of Mamita and it was a pre-planned murder, the report added.

Sahu was yesterday apprehended by the Balangir Police. He was nabbed from his younger sister’s house at Budhipadar village under Bangamunda block in Balangir district.

The Balangir Police had announced Rs 1 lakh cash reward for sharing information on the absconder. Hours after announcement, he was apprehended by the police in the murder case.

Mamita’s body was yesterday exhumed from the site in the presence of police.

She went missing on October 8. Alleging involvement of Govind Sahu, managing committee president of the school, behind her missing, Mamita’s family members had lodged a complaint with police. On the basis of the FIR, police detained Sahu for questioning. He was kept at the Titlagarh police barrack.

However, Sahu escaped from police custody on October 17 night. Sahu went to the bathroom on the pretext of washing his hands and then fled the place.

Also Read

Comments are closed.