Man and son die, wife critical following gas cylinder explosion in Odisha

Rourkela:  Tragedy struck a family in Sector-5 of Kabi Samratpalli area here after two of the three members, who had sustained severe burn injuries in a fire mishap on May 4, died while undergoing treatment last night. And, the other one is battling for life at the AIIMS Hospital in the state capital.

The deceased  have been identified as Ajodhya Sahu and his 11-year-old son Guddu. Sahu’s wife Ritajanli is undergoing treatment in critical condition.

As per information, the trio fell prey to a fire mishap after the gas cylinder in their kitchen exploded when Ritanjali was preparing food on Monday. The fire later quickly spread and engulfed the entire house. All of them were later rescued and rushed to a hospital here. All of them were later shifted to AIIMS Bhubaneswar.

However, after undergoing treatment for two days, Sahu and his son succumbed to injuries last night.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link