Man dies of electric shock in Delhi ATM booth

New Delhi, Aug 2 :

A 35-year-old man died of electric shock Saturday after he touched a door in which current was flowing due to a defective wire, police said.

File pic of ATM booth
File pic of ATM booth

The incident happened after the man withdrew money from an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) in Holambi Kalan village in west Delhi, police said.

Shyamnath Pandey, who worked in a factory in Bawana area, died of electric shock in the afternoon after he touched the door in which current was flowing because of some loose wire, police said.

He was about to move out of the ATM booth when the incident happened, police said.

“He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead,” said a police official.

Residents of Holambi Kalan staged a protest demanding action against those responsible. Police have registered a case of negligence.


Also Read

Comments are closed.