Bhubaneswar: Amid resurgence of Covid cases, the Odisha government decided to clamp night curfew in 10 districts of the State.
The night curfew will come into effect from 10 PM to 5 AM from April 5, 2020 till further orders.
Special Relief Commissioner’s Office said the restrictions will be imposed in Sundargarh, Bargarh, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Balangir, Nuapada, Kalahandi, Malkangiri, Koraput and Nabarangpur districts.
The restrictions will be on vehicular and people’s movements expect essential services.
However, there will be relaxation for people working with the following sectors and offices:
- District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Government Officials on duty
- Doctors, Medical/ Paramedical Staff (Govt. & Private), ambulances and emergency health staff
Emergency workers of utilities such as Electricity, Fire Services, Telecom, Water supply, Railways and Airport, Transport services
- Any person, in case of medical or other emergency
- Petrol pumps and CNG Stations
- Movement of Public Transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway station and bus terminals/ stands/ stops, for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road
- Print and Electronic Media identified by Commissionerate/ District Police (with identity cards of respective media houses)
- LPG distribution, home delivery of cooking gas and associated facilities, personnel and vehicular movement
- Home Delivery of food, groceries, vegetables, egg, fish, meat and other essential items by restaurants and aggregators such as Zomato, Swiggy, OPOLFED, OMFED, Chilika Fresh etc.
Odisha today reported 452 new Covid positives cases. Of them 267 cases have been detected in quarantine whereas 185 are local contact cases.