Bhubaneswar: Central Electricity Supply Utility of Odisha (CESU) today launched a mobile phone application namely ‘CESUConnect’ to help its customers amid nationwide lockdown. Energy Minister Dibya Shankar Mishra launched the app through video conference.
The app (available on Google Play Store) will help consumers to lodge electricity or billing related complaints or to pay their electricity dues amid COVID-19 situation when social distancing is the need of the hour.
The salient features of the application are:
- Registration of Electricity Related or Bill Related Complaints to CESU.
- Payment of Electricity Dues through various digital modes like debit card, credit card, net banking, BBPS (Bharat Bill Payment System), mobile phone digital wallets.
- Viewing the current bill status.
- Viewing the consumption pattern for last six months.
- Viewing the payment history of last six months.
- Viewing the bill history of last six months.
- Managing Multiple Consumer Accounts.
- Registration of power theft information under CESU Reward Scheme where the informer gets 10% of amount realised from such information.