Dhenkanal: A major mishap was averted after a fire broke out at Kamakhyanagar Sub-Divisional Hospital in Dhenkanal district today.
However, no casualty or injuries were reported in the mishap.
Sources said a fire erupted in an electrical panel of the hospital due to suspected short circuit at around 1 PM. However, fire personnel present at the spot rushed to the spot and doused the flames before it spread to the entire building.
Till last reports came in, power supply was snapped at the hospital following the mishap leaving the patients in lurch.
However, the hospital authorities were not available to comment on the matter.