Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government has issued SOP for safety and security of Covid-19 vaccine at storage sites, during transportation, and at session sites.
PK Mohapatra, Additional Chief Secretary to Government, has written to all collectors and SPs apprising them regarding the SOP mentioned below.
* As per Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules, 1945, any unauthorized storage/ distribution/ purchase or sale of COVID -19 vaccines under Government supply is a punishable offence and needs to be immediately reported to the Drugs Controller as well as other appropriate authorities.
* CO-WIN portal is designed for end-to-end tracking of COVID-19 vaccines and linking every dose to individual beneficiaries. Details of COVID-19 vaccine (name, batch, manufacturing date) will be entered in electronic database and vaccine doses along with batch number will be allocated to each site using electronic system only.
* All partially used empty vials need to be brought back to the Cold Chain Point and are to be disposed in accordance with the CPCB guidelines while ensuring that empty vials with intact labels can not be assessed by any person to prevent its misuse.
* With limited vaccine availability in initial phases, adequate security arrangements need to be in place for safety of vaccines at storage site, during transportation, and at session sites.
* Districts may further explore and add relevant steps as per local need to ensure safety and security of COVID-19 vaccines and prevent its misuse.