Odisha: Man electrocuted to death, 3 critical as DJ set-up comes in contact with live wire

Jajpur: A man died and three others sustained critical injuries as a DJ set-up came in contact with live electric wire during Lord Ganesh idol immersion procession at Phuladi village under Dharmasala police limits in Odisha’s Jajpur district, last night.

The deceased was identified as Subhankar Ojha of Gopalpur village under Kuakhia police limits.

According to reports, some men of nearby Betanda village were taking the idol in a procession amid DJ music.

Unfortunately, the DJ set-up touched a high voltage electric wire, leaving four of them critically injured.

They were rescued and rushed to the Dharmasala Community Health Centre, where Subhankar was declared dead by doctor.

The three others were shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack for better treatment.

Police have started an investigation into the incident.

Also Read

Comments are closed.