Bhubaneswar: Higher secondary schools across Odisha reopened today for the offline classes of Class-11 students with adherence to COVID-19 guidelines. The schools were earlier closed for the students due to the COVID-19 situation in the state.
The Odisha Government has issued Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) regarding reopening of schools for the students.
As per the SOP issued by the School and Mass Education Department, classes for Standard-11 students will take place from 10 am to 1.30 pm.
While the online classes will continue, students can attend the offline classes in consultation with their parents/ guardians.
The department has also issued a set of guidelines for the educational institutions.
The set of guidelines for the secondary schools are as follows:
1) Welcome to Students: The students are coming to Higher Secondary Schools from far off places for the first time after admission. They missed their annual HSC Examination 2021 and could attend only 80 days of schooling in last 18 months. Some of them may be in difficult situation caused due to pandemic COVID-19. They need to be welcomed and counselled regarding the academic, curricular and co-curricular activities.
2) Induction Session on Re-opening Day: Every Higher Secondary School has to arrange an Induction Session for orientation of the freshers on the opening day by following these instructions.
a) The stream wise Induction Class should be conducted on 21s Oct, 2021 for freshers separately. The details of the Roll No. and Hall wise arrangement needs to be done and it should be notified prominently.
b) One guardian / parent shall be allowed to accompany the fresher to the Induction Hall.
c) Induction class must be conducted by the concerned Principal /Sr. Teacher.
d) The fresher shall be informed about the brief history of the institution and its rules and regulations, the importance of Higher Secondary class for future career of a student. The sketch of the class rooms and other facilities shall be displayed to the fresher.
3) Awareness about Career Portal: The students will be informed about the state career portal(http:/lodishacareerportal.com) having details of more than 550 career options from Day-1 to enable them to dream for their future plan.
4) Introduction to Proctor: A proctor is a teacher who will liaison between the student and the institution. The proctor will let the students know about their subject combination, section, group and time table. The fresher will be introduced to their respective Proctor. Necessary preparation for the purpose should be initiated forthwith.
5) School Uniform & identity Card: The School uniform pattern should be displayed prominently for knowledge of the fresher. All freshers should attend classes with proper uniform by 1 of the Nov, 2021. A temporary identity card shall be provided to the fresher.
6) Awareness on CHSE Syllabus: The students will be informed about the CHSE, Odisha syllabus available in www.chseodisha.nic.in.
7) Awareness availability of e-books: All textbooks as per the CHSE, Odisha syllabus for +2 Arts, Science and Commerce are available in the website of Textbook Bureau Odisha https:/www.textbookbureauodisha.in in PDF form The students may be informed to download as per their needs.
8) Awareness on YouTube Live Streaming Class: The YouTube Live streaming classes in Arts, Science and Commerce will be conducted for students of Class-XI from Monday to Friday as per the time table provided by DHSE. The class wise and stream wise YouTube channels have been created by OSEPA where students can access the class during live streaming or at anytime as per their convenience as the classes are stored in YouTube channel. The link for YouTube classes posted in the Principals’ group may be shared with the students of respective stream. The fresher should be made aware about the usefulness and availability of YouTube classes.
9) Orientation regarding Continuous Evaluation of Students: The CHSE, Odisha has notified the new pattern of assessment to be introduced from the current academic session (2021-22) for continuous learning evaluation of students of both class-XI and XIl. The students may be enlightened about the details of CCE and its benefit from the Day -one. They should feel that it is introduced to lessen their burden as they will be well acquainted with the question pattern through normal tests and get to know their continuous learning achievement for improvement.
10) To link the concept of Class-X: The teachers should plan to cover the link concepts of class-X for easy understanding of content to be taught in class-XI as the normal schooling could not take place in previous class due to pandemic situation.
11) Parent Teacher Meeting(PTM/ e-PTM) : The parents/ guardian present shall be intimated to attend the parent-teacher meetings to know the progress of their ward. The regular PTM/e- PTM may be organized and the proceedings of the meetings may be recorded.
12) Ensuring Ragging free Campus/Hostel: Internal squads shall be constituted to maintain discipline in the campus during class time. Hostels should be given special attention to avoid Ragging and to maintain hygiene and sanitation.
13) Appropriate COVID-19 protocols: The SoP issued by the Department vide letter under reference may be strictly adhered to. Everyone must be vigilant and follow appropriate COVID-19 protocols during conduct of Classes and in hostels.
14) Okay Report on Cleaning: The cleaning activity will start from 17 October 2021. The okay report on cleaning will be submitted to respective DEO before the date of reopening of schools.