Bhubaneswar: Multiple trains were diverted after Mumbai LTT – Bhubaneswar SF Express (12879) derailed near Nergundi railway station in Odisha’s Cuttack district today.
* 12880 EXPRESS (Bhubaneswar– LTT) DIVERTED VIA Naraj.
* 58132 (PURI – Rourkela) PASSENGER DIVERTED VIA Naraj.
* 18426 EXP (DURG – PURI) EXPRESS DIVERTED VIA Naraj.
* 12831 Dhanbad – Bhubaneswar Rajyarani Express DIVERTED VIA Naraj.
* 68413 (Talcher – PURI ) MEMU DIVERTED VIA Naraj.
According to reports, the derailment took place around 7 am as the Super Fast express hit the guard van of a freight train due to low visibility amid dense fog. As many as five coaches of the train derailed while three others displaced from the track under the impact of the collision.
The East Coast Railway has issued helpline for information on the accident– Cuttack: 0671-1072, Khurda Road: 0674-1072, Bhubaneswar HQ: 18003457401/402, BBSR Station: 0674-1072 and Puri: 06752-1072.