One dies of electrocution in Odisha

Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Puri, Apr 12:

A labourer was electrocuted and another sustained serious injuries today after accidentally coming in contact with the live electric wire in Gopalpur under Sadar police limits of Odisha’s Puri district.


Reports said the accident took place when iron rods carried by two labourers to the roof top of a house for construction work came in contact with 11 KV live wire  passing two metres above the house.

While one of the labourers Udayanath Rout of Rahagiria village died on the spot, another labourer Bipin Senapati was critically injured due to the electric shock, reports added.

The injured has been admitted to the district headquarters hospital here in critical condition.

Also Read

Comments are closed.