Over 100 property offenders arrested in Bhubaneswar in one month
Bhubaneswar: The Commissionerate Police has arrested over 100 criminals in property-related offences in one month in Bhubaneswar.
The CP today released a report showing its achievements in various cases in the month of August this year.
According to official release, total 27 delinquents were booked, 118 property offenders were arrested, 83 stolen mobile phones, 42 stolen vehicles and 172 gram stolen gold ornaments were recovered by police teams under Bhubaneswar Urban Police district last month.
Similarly, the city police has recovered Rs 5,02,900 theft cash, seized 292.30 gram illegal brown sugar, 43.450 kg contraband ganja and registered 6 NDPS cases in Bhubaneswar in August.
The property offence prevention and detection (POPD) and teams of different police stations under Commissionerate Police in Bhubaneswar achieved followings in the month of August, 2022:
1. Total delinquents booked under section 110 CrPC —- 27
2. Total property offenders were arrested and forwarded to court —118
3. Total persons were remanded to jail custody — 114
4. Total stolen mobile phones of different brand have been recovered —83
5. Total stolen vehicles recovered — 42
6. Total stolen gold ornaments have been recovered — 172 gram
7. Total theft crash have been recovered — Rs 5,02,900
8. Total stolen laptop have been recovered — 1
9. Total stolen battery have been recovered — 2
10. Total NDPS cases have been registered — 6
11. Total brown sugar cases — 4
12. Total Ganja cases — 2
13. Total drugs peddlers were arrested and forwarded to court — 7
14. Total illegal brown sugar have been seized — 292.30 gram
15. Total contraband ganja have been seized — 43.450 kg
16. Total cash sale proceed of NDPS cases have been recovered — Rs 50,900