Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Health and Family Welfare Department today announced the period of treatment of State government employees for Covid-19 and their quarantine will be considered as duty period.
Despite the adequate measures taken by the government offices as per the Covid protocol employees of some sectors have been at the risk of the Covid-19 infection, an order issued by the department stated.
Employees of the following sectors will get the benefit as ordered by the department:
1. All staff engaged for treatment and health care of COVID patients in COVID Hospitals and Government Hospitals.
2. All staff allotted with duties in the Containment Areas,
3. All staff engaged in COVID Health Facilities,
4. Employees under different Departments of the State Government and Urban & Rural Local Bodies,
5. Any person hired by Government/ its authorized agencies on contract / daily wage basis for management of COVID-19. The service provider will be paid full remuneration / wages/ honorarium / incentives for the period of treatment and quarantine as would have been due for active duty.