Bhubaneswar: The sudden demise of the ‘Big Bull’ of Indian stock market Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, a week after his airline Akasha Air flew its first flight, came as a shocker for the nation.
The 62-year-old stock market investor and co-founder of India’s budget airline Akasa Air passed away following a heart attack on Sunday.
As the investing community of the country mourns the death of Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, here are 20 inspiring quotes by the top gun of Indian stock market:
- “Nobody can predict the weather, death, market and women. Market is like a woman, always commanding, mysterious, uncertain and volatile. You can never really dominate a woman and likewise you cannot dominate the market.”
- “Never invest at unreasonable valuations. Never run for companies which are in limelight.”
- “Respect the market. Have an open mind. Know what to stake. Know when to take a loss. Be responsible.”
- “Hastily taken decisions always result in heavy losses. Take your own time before putting money in any stock.”
- “Prepare for losses. Losses are part and parcel of stock market investor life.”
- “Emotional investment is a sure way to make loss in stock markets.”
- “You cannot make profits in the stock market unless you have the ability to bear losses.”
- “Buy when others sell and sell when others buy – the stock market mantra.”
- “Trading always keeps you on your feet, it keeps you alert. That’s one of the reasons why I like to trade.
- “Invest in companies which have strong management and competitive management.”
- “Stock markets are always right. Never time the market”
- “When opportunities come, they can come through technology, marketing, brands, value protections, capital, etc. You need to be able to spot those.”
- “Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.”
- “Anticipate trend and benefit from it. Traders should go against human nature.”
- “One should see the world as it is, rather than what you would like it to be.”
- Give your investments time to mature. Be patient for the world to discover your gems.
- Never get carried away by aberrations. Recognize and respect them but do remember that the market corrects its aberrations though it takes time.
- Like wives markets are always right. With wives you can argue but with markets you can’t.
- Be paranoid of success-never take it for granted. Realize success can be temporary and transient.
- Have some cash in hand so that you can grab the opportunity when it occurs.