Bhubaneswar: After being closed for public during the second wave of COVID-19, religious institutions reopened in Odisha capital today with adherence to COVID-19 protocols.
The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) has issued guidelines in this regard. The detailed guidelines are as follows.
1. All the temples of Bhubaneswar within the jurisdiction of BMC will reopen with strict observance of COVID-19 safety protocols. However, no devotee shall be allowed inside the Garbhagriha of the temple area and will be allowed for Darshan from a safe distance only. There shall be no offerings like bhoga in the temple.
2. The religious institution authorities shall ensure that devotees maintain social distancing of 6 feet among them. In no case, social distancing norms should be allowed to be violated.
3. At any point of time, not more than 25 persons will be allowed to be congregated at any religious institutions like Temple/ Mosque/ Church/ Gurudwara.
4. All Temple/ Mosque/ Church/ Gurudwara authority shall ensure RT-PCR testing of their priests/ sebayats and only RT-PCR negative and final COVID vaccination certificate holder will be allowed to perform rituals. The Priests/ Sebayats shall have to put on mask at all times as per COVID protocol.
5. All devotees will have to wear mask and maintain social distancing of six feet from each other appropriately at all times.
6. The Temple/ Mosque/ Church/ Gurudwara authorities shall make provision for hand washing/ hand sanitizer for the devotees at the entry and exit points.
7. Spitting inside and outside the premises and chewing of PAN/ Gutkha is strictly prohibited.