Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government today included staff more sectors under frontline workers (FLWs) category for Covid-19 vaccination.
Employees who have been included under frontline workers category are as follows:
• Forest Officials and Forest guards
• Government Veterinary Doctors, Livestock Inspectors and Para-Veterinarians
• Banking Staff / insurance Companies / NCPI
• Payment system providers / Operators/venndors / cash logistic companies / cash intransit companies / ATM maintenance personnel Banking
• Correspondence & Costumer care Points
• Railway Staff
• Staff of DCPU, Staff of Childline (1098), Staff of 181 Helpline, Staff of One Stop Centres and all caregivers staff of child care institutions
• Oxygen Plant employees
• Filling station employees
• Call Centre employees
On May 6, 2021, the State Steering Committee meeting held under the Chairmanship of Odisha Chief Secretary, SC Mahapatra approved in-principle for inclusion of employees of the additional sectors under the FLW category.
The Health and Family Welfare Department’s Additional Chief Secretary PK Mohapatra today wrote to the District Collectors, the Municipal Commissioners, CDMOs and PHOs in this regard.
The letter further stated of staff of the sectors recently added under the FLW category will be vaccinated, once adequate vaccine supply is available in the State.
The present priority of the State is to ensure second dose vaccination of due beneficiaries, the letter added.