These areas of Odisha’s Rourkela sealed for COVID-19 containment
Rourkela: Several places in Nala Road area of Odisha’s Rourkela city were sealed and declared as containment zone today after a person of the locality tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday.
The Rourkela Municipal Corporation (RMC) will carry out active contact tracing in the area. Public have been restricted from entering into and going out of the containment zone, an official order of the RMC said.
The following areas have been indicated as containment zone boundary:
* The point touching Janta Niwas Lane with the Mahatab Road.
* The middle point on the main road touching Janta Niwas Lane at one side and Egg & Vegetable Lane on the other side.
* The point touching Egg & Vegetable Lane of Daily Market to Railway Line Boundary.
* The Point Touching Anand Bhawan Lane to Ring Road.
* The middle point on the main road touching Anand Bhawan Lane and Big Bazaar.
* The Big Bazaar Side Lane touching Railway Line Boundary through Netaji Marg.
There will be a buffer zone at both sides of the containment zone along the main road, the boundary points of which are indicated below:
* The point touching Power House Road to Ring Road.
* The point touching Lal Building Road to Railway Line Boundary near Telugupada.
* The point on the main road touching Power House Road at one side and Lal Building Road to Railway line at other side.
* The point touching Madhusudan Marg to ring road (Traffic Gate).
* The point at Madhusudan Statue Chowk on the main road.
* The point at Rourkela Railway Station Exit Gate.
All vehicular movement, movement of public transport and personal movement will be stopped in the containment zone excluding the vehicles permitted for supply of essential items, sanitation, health surveillance and other necessary activities to be undertaken by the officials of RMC, the order said.
However, in the buffer zone only vehicles for transportation of essential items from the wholesale shops situated in the buffer zone shall be allowed from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM subject to obtaining vehicle permission from the Commissioner, RMC, it said.
All the shopping establishments inside the containment zone of whatsoever nature shall be closed with immediate effect. However, wholesale shops dealing with essential grocery items shall be allowed to remain open from 6:00 AM to 11:00 AM in buffer zone only. The supply of essentials and medical requirements will be ensured through various teams formed by the Rourkela Municipal Corporation, the order added.