Mohana: Three workers working at a noodles manufacturing unit in Gajapati district reportedly died of asphyxia here today.
The identity of three deceased workers is yet to be ascertained. Sources said that while two deceased youth were from Kampaguda village, another person was from Berhampur area in Ganjam district.
According to reports, the locals found that the noodles factory located at Dhepaguda village in Mohana area was closed from inside. Suspecting any untoward incident inside the factory, they informed the police and fire services personnel.
On receiving information, the officials broke open the door and found three workers unconscious inside the house filled with gas from a cylinder.
“The door was closed from inside. It was broken open in presence of police following which we found one body near the entry point and two others inside the house. They might have died of asphyxia due to gas leak,” said a firefighter.
The victims were rushed to the Mohana Community Health Centre where the doctors declared them dead. The bodies have been sent for the post-mortem.