Berhampur: Berhampur Municipal Corporation (BeMC) today modified its previous order restricting the timings of operation for certain category of shops to avoid rush in markets.
Shops selling non-essential items to remain open between 1 pm and 7 pm starting tomorrow, as per the modified order.
The categories of shops to remain open between 1 pm to 7 pm are:
- Gift shop
- Cloth store
- Jewellery shops
- Ladies corners
- Internet cafe
- Mobile recharge shops
- Xerox shops
- Books/ stationery shop
- Showroom for electronics (shops which are not selling spare parts)
- Mobile phones (shops which are not selling spare parts)
- Two wheeler and four wheeler workshops, spare parts of two wheeler & four wheeler.
- Electronics and home appliance shops including mobile, T.V, Computer etc. with maximum 05 customers at a time. (shops which are not selling spare parts)
- Single brand and multi brand showrooms, market complexes and malls.
However, outlets selling electrical repairing parts including fan, bulb, wire, switch and shops selling agriculture equipment that are not included in the list can open from 7 am to 7 pm. Operation time for restaurants, hotels, medicine shops, clinics and hospitals will remain unchanged.
Besides, BMC warned that shop owners found violating the lockdown norms will be prosecuted as per the provisions of law, besides seizure of shops.