Two die, one critical after inhaling generator fumes in Odisha’s Gajapati

Mohana: Two persons were asphyxiated to death after they reportedly inhaled fumes from a generator at Betarasing village under R Udayagiri police limits in Gajapati district of Odisha.

The deceased persons have been identified as Ganesh Nayak (18) and Ambika Nayak (12), residents of Betarasing village.

Another victim identified as Jhumuri Nayak has been admitted to Chandragiri Community Health Centre in critical condition.

According to reports, a generator was used during power cut at the village for a wedding event yesterday night. The incident occurred while four members of a family were sleeping at home after attending the function.

Sources said that two died after inhaling fumes emitted from the power generator during the night hours.

“A generator was installed for the wedding ceremony due to power cut at the village last night. Our children were making fun during the function. After the event, we four people went into the house for sleeping. But two died due to suffocation caused by inhaling smoke emitted from the generator,” said deceased duo’s grandfather Madhab Nayak.

On receiving information, Chandragiri police recovered the bodies and initiated probe into the incident.

Also Read

Comments are closed.