Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance today raided multiple places in connection with allegation against Biswajit Mohapatra, Additional District Magistrate, Sundargarh, regarding possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income and unearthed assets worths crores, including 10 plots.
Sleuths of the anti-corruption agency carried out simultaneous searches at seven places in Khordha, Jagatsinghpur and Sundargarh districts.
During the searches, the following assets were unearthed.
* Over Rs 3 lakh in cash.
* One double storied building at Naharkanta, Bhubaneswar worth about Rs 89 lakh.
* One flat at Asiana, Rasulgarh, Bhubaneswar.
* Over Rs 2 crore found in Bank FDs, Savings Accounts and Insurance Premia.
* 10 plots in Bhubaneswar and Jagatsinghpur.
* Gold weighing around 350 grams.
* Cement godown in the name of his wife located opposite of his house in Balianta.
* Deposits of Rs 39 lakh in mutual fund and Rs 2 lakh in NPS.
Steps were being taken by the Vigilance to freeze his bank accounts.