Woman dies, hubby and daughter injured as TV explodes in Odisha
Sundargarh: A woman died while her husband and six-month-old daughter sustained critical injuries after a television inside their house exploded at Lahandabuda village under Dharuadihi police limits in Odisha’s Sundargarh district, last evening.
The deceased has been identified as Bobby Naik. Her husband Dileswar Naik and daughter have been admitted to the Ispat General Hospital (IGH) in Rourkela for treatment.
According to reports, the TV exploded reportedly due to an electrical short circuit as a result of which the three sustained critical burn injuries. On being informed by neighbours, police reached the village, rescued the victims and admitted them to hospital. However, the woman had succumbed to her injuries by then.
Police have registered a case and started investigation into the incident.