Odisha Sun Times Bureau
Malkangiri, Apr 29:
Ten members of a family in the MV 45 village in Odisha’s Malkangiri district were taken ill after consuming stale water-rice (pakhaal), official sources said today.
Surendra Baidya of MV 45 area and nine of his family members started vomiting after taking stale watered rice this morning, the sources said.
Some of them fell unconscious and were hospitalised, said Udaya Chandra Mishra, CDMO, Malkangiri.
“All of them are now out of danger. It’s a case of suspected food poisoning”, said Mishra while adding that food samples have been collected for further examination.