10 foods that can help you shoot bad mood
Bhubaneswar: Right choice of food/drink determines how you feel or behave. When life is tossing and turning, we hardly think about pampering the tummy. In the hustle and bustle of fast-paced lives, we tend to belt down whatever comes our way.
That ultimately drains energy and spirits out of a person leaving him stressed and exhausted. Looking for ways to shoot that bad mood out, here are ten foods that could help you do so:
- Probiotics: fermented foods like yogurt work wonders for gut-health, thus keeping a person’s spirits up.
- Dark Chocolate: the anti-oxidants and magnesium in dark chocolates are known to significantly reduce stress hormones in the consumer’s body and boost their brainpower and blood circulation.
- Oily Fish: omega 3 fatty acids in fishes like salmon, tuna, and trout help manage mood swings and cope with depression. They are also cardinal in brain health.
- Banana: these contain vitamin B6 and tryptophan which produces serotonin. These help deal with anxiety and stress.
- Avocados: These are generous sources of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B that contribute to brain health and enhanced mood.
- Nuts: loaded with antioxidants, serotonin and healthy fats, a small serving of nuts daily is quite instrumental in keeping one’s mood high.
- Oats: apart from managing weight, oats contribute to mood stability in the consumer.
- Coffee: a warm mug of coffee is the best mood enhancer. Alertness apart, the caffeine present in it increases the release of mood-boosting neurotransmitters like dopamine.
- Berries: they are loaded with antioxidants and phenolic compounds that help combat stress and anxiety in a person.
- Chia seeds: a perfect combination of omega-3, protein, calcium, iron and fibre, chia seeds are elixirs for mood enhancement.