India observes eminent freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s birth anniversary on January 23 as Netaji Jayanti, every year.
Netaji played a pivotal role in India’s struggle for Independence. He led the Japanese-supported Azad Hind Fauj or the Indian National Army during the World War II. Following that, he became the founder-head of the Azad Hind Government.
Netaji Jayanti was first observed in Rangoon about five months after Netaji’s disappearance. Every year, on this day, the Government of India pays tribute to Netaji and his contributions towards the Indian Independence. In 2021, Netaji Jayanti was celebrated as Parakram Divas for the first time.
During the freedom struggle, Netaji’s valour and dedication towards the cause, inspired many patriots to step forward and fight for the country’s independence. His famous line, “ Give Me Blood And I Will Give You Freedom” reverberated for a long time in the history of Indian Independence.
On Netaji’s birth anniversary, here are some other inspiring quotes by him:
- Freedom is not given – it is taken.
- The secret of political bargaining is to look more strong than what you really are.
- We should have but one desire today – the desire to die so that India may live – the desire to face a martyr’s death, so that the path to freedom may be paved with the martyr’s blood.
- No real change in history has ever been achieved by discussions.
- Forget not that the grossest crime is to compromise with injustice and wrong. Remember the eternal law: you must give, if you want to get.
- One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.
- As soldiers, you will always have to cherish and live up to the three ideals of faithfulness, duty and sacrifice. Soldiers who always remain faithful to their nation, who are always prepared to sacrifice their lives, are invincible. If you, too, want to be invincible, engrave these three ideals in the innermost core of your hearts.
- Do not be disheartened by our temporary defeat ; be cheerful and optimistic. Above all, never lose your faith in the destiny of India. There is no power on earth which can keep India in bondage.
- Soldiers who always remain faithful to their nation, who are always prepared to sacrifice their lives, are invincible.
Life loses half its interest if there is no struggle-if there are no risks to be taken.