Bhubaneswar: Another 10 persons infected with COVID-19 succumbed to the deadly virus in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) Department today.
“Regret to inform the demise of 10 Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” the Department said in a tweet.
Following new fatalities, the death toll in Odisha rose to 169.
Of 10 deceased persons, 4 are from COVID hotspot Ganjam district, 2 from Khordha district, 1 each from Nayagarh, Rayagada, Sambalpur and Sundargarh districts.
Here’re details shared by the State H&FW on fresh deaths in last 24 hours:
1. 67-year old male of Sambalpur district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
2. 60-year old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes.
3. 43-year old male of Ganjam district.
4. 47-year old male of Ganjam district.
5. 65-year old male of Nayagarh district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease with Uremic Encephalopathy.
6. 33-year old male of Ganjam district.
7. 65-year old female of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension and Hypothyroidism.
8. 71-year old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Diabetes.
9. 60-year old male of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease.
10. 50 year old male of Rayagada district who was also suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
While Ganjam contributed the highest number of 90 to the State’s death toll, Khordha district is placed second in the deceased list with 21 COVID-19 deaths followed by Cuttack district (11) and Gajapati district (9). Similarly, the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 in other districts are Angul (2), Balaosre (3), Bargarh (1), Bhadrak (1), Jagatsinghpur (2), Jajpur (1), Jharsuguda (1), Kandhamal (2), Kendrapara (2), Malkangiri (2), Nayagarh (2), Puri (3), Rayagada (7), Sambalpur (1) and Sundargarh (7).