Malkangiri: As many as 11 children fell ill and were hospitalized after they reportedly consumed ‘poisonous’ fruits at Telimeta village in Odisha’s Malkangiri district on Wednesday.
According to reports, the children– seven girls and four boys– were playing in the evening, during which they plucked the fruits from a tree and ate those.
Moments later, they complained of vomiting and loose motion.
All of them were rushed to the District Headquarters Hospital for treatment.
Their condition improved after treatment at the healthcare facility, sources said.