Bhubaneswar: Eleven more persons infected with COVID-19 died in Odisha, informed State Health & Family Welfare (H&FW) dashboard today.
Of 11 deaths, 10 deceased cases are due to COVID, one patient succumbed to other health complications.
“Regret to inform the demise of 10 Covid positive patients while under treatment in hospitals,” State H&FW Department tweeted.
While Ganjam reported the highest number of 6 deaths in the last 24 hours, 2 are from Khordha district (1 in Bhubaneswar) and 1 each from Gajapati and Sundargarh districts respectively. With this, total number of COVID-19 deaths in Ganjam, Khordha, Gajapati and Sundargarh districts increased to 79, 17, 9 and 5 respectively.
Of total 10 deaths due to COVID, 2 are women (1 from Bhubaneswar city and another one from Ganjam district).
Here’re details of fresh COVID-19 death cases shared by the State H&FW Department:
1. 63-year old male of Gajapati district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
2. 63-year old male of Ganjam district.
3. 55-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Diabetes and Hypertension.
4. 60-year old male of Ganjam district.
5. 64-year old male of Ganjam district who was also suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease.
6. 60-year old male of Ganjam district.
7. 35-year old male of Khordha district.
8. 51-year old female of Ganjam district .
9. 69-year old male of Sundargarh district who was also suffering from Hypertension.
10. 58-year old female of Bhubaneswar who was also suffering from Diabetes, Hypertension, Coronary Artery Disease, Right Pneumothorax and Obesity.
Another COVID-19 positive patient undergoing treatment died due to other health related complication yesterday.
“Regret to report the demise of a 23-year old Covid positive female of Ganjam district who expired due to Eclampsia of Pregnancy,” the State H&FW Department informed in another tweet.
With fresh COVID-19 deaths, the toll in Odisha climbed to 140 and the number of fatality cases other than COVID rose to 34.
Moreover, 1376 new positive cases have been reported from all 30 districts in the last 24 hours in Odisha breaching 25,000-mark. Out of fresh COVID-19 cases, 917 have been detected from quarantine centres and 459 are local contacts. With this, the tally in the State surged to 25,389 with 9287 active cases and 15,928 recoveries so far.