Cuttack: A major fire engulfed a cattle shed at Nahanga village under Mahanga police limits of Odisha’s Cuttack district killing a dozen cattle and 4 goats late on Wednesday night.
Though the reason behind the incident is yet to be ascertained, the fire reportedly broke out from mosquito coil in the cattle shed.
“Total 12 cattle and 4 goats were charred to death in the fire mishap. My maternal uncle had taken loan from private moneylenders in village to buy the cattle. With the incident, he is under mental trauma. We will be obliged if administration extends helping hand to provide compensation to him for the loss,” said Ranjan Das, nephew of the victim.