Bhubaneswar: To break the chain of COVID-19 transmission and in view of poor patronisation of trains during the pandemic, the East Coast Railway (ECoR) has decided to cancel few special trains.
The following trains between August 29 and 31 have been cancelled:
1. 08432/08431 Puri-Cuttack-Puri Special
2. 08493/08494 Bhubaneswar-Balangir-Bhubaneswar Special
3. 08412/08411 Bhubaneswar-Bhadrak-Bhubaneswar Special
4. 08438/08437 Cuttack-Bhadrak-Cuttack Special
5. 08461/08462 Cuttack-Paradeep-Cuttack Special
6 08454/08453 Cuttack-Bhadrak-Cuttack Special
Other trains that will remain cancelled from August 28 to 30 are:
1. 08428/08427 Puri-Angul-Puri Special
2 08433/08434 Bhubanewar-Palasa-Bhubaneswar Special
3. 02892/02891 Bhubaneswar-Bangiriposi-Bhubaneswar Special
4. 08456/08455 Bhubaneswar-Kendujhargarh-Bhubaneswar Special
5. 08414/08413 Puri-Paradeep- Puri Special
6. 08414/08413 Puri-Gunupur-Puri Special
Besides, the Puri-Angul-Puri Special has remained partially cancelled from both the directions from August 23 to 27 . The train will remain cancelled between Talcher and Angul on August 31 and run between Talcher and Puri from both the directions.
This apart, the ECoR has decided to restore the services of 08456/08455 Bhubaneswar-Kendujhargarh-Bhubaneswar Special train from August 23 to 27 and on August 31 from both the directions.
As part of COVID-19 preventive measures, the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) counters will remain open till 8 pm only till the lockdown is in force